The first part of the MCSA Windows Server certification path exams is the 70-740 which is Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows. Server 2016 and the skills measured are highlighted below (as listed on Microsoft website)
1. Installing Windows Servers (2016) in Host and Compute environments (10-15%)
2. Implement storage solution (10-15%)
3. Implementing Hyper-V (20-25%)
4. Implementing Windows container (5-10%)
5. Implementing high availability (30-35%)
6. Maintaining and monitoring sever environment (10-15%)
Details of each section can be found on the Exams official page
For the session, we will be setting up a virtual lab environment using Hyper-V and for that reason, we may be getting exposed to Hyper-V earlier.
For Hyper-V to work, you must be running and Windows operating system starting from Windows 8 up to Windows 10 and it must be running either professional or enterprise licence.
But if there is no access to either of these or you are running a Mac or Linux machine, you can also use Oracle virtual box which is also a virtualization system but Hyper-V is recommended since it is part of the certification exams hence the earlier one gets used to it, the better.
Please like, share and subscribe so you get the latest updates as they arrive.
If you need clarification on anything, drop your comments and I will respond as soon as I can.